Swami Vivekanand College of Pharmacy (SVCP)
Swami Vivekanand College of Pharmacy established in year 2005 is running four years Bachelor degree course and two years Masters Course in Pharmacy. The college is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Govt. of India and affiliated to Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.
The college is also approved by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) under section 12 of Pharmacy act for registration of Pharmacists. The College, besides preparing its students to enter into the noble profession of Pharmacy, is developing professionals for the fast growing Pharmaceutical industry as well as for Pharmacy research
- Each student has to deliver at least 4 seminars during the four year course covering topics related to different branches of Pharmacy followed by question sessions. Thus our students as well versed with preparing and presenting the seminars.
- The teachers of SVCP not only follow the conventional methods for teaching but also utilize the modern teaching aids like power point presentations, 3-D models and videos etc for teaching and demonstrations. In addition special efforts are made for overall personality development of the student.
INDUSTRIAL AND EDUCATIONAL VISITS in 2013-2014
|Date||Place of Visit|
|22.2.13||Botanical Garden, Sarangpur, Chandigarh|
|12.3.13||Puspha Gujral Science City, Kapurthala, Jalandhar|
|29.08.13||Medicinal garden, Manali|
|24.01.14||Pushpa Gujral Science City, Kapurthala|
|31.01.14||LUMAX PHARMACEUTICALS LTD, Chandigarh|
|21.03.14||SAIF, UIPS and Botanical Garden PU, Chandigarh|
Students of batch 2008-09 have been placed as follows
- Akhil Moudgil in ACME formultion pvt. limited (Nalagarh)
- Varinda Aggarwal in Quantam Soloution (IT Park Chandigarh)
- Amit Thakur in Gian Sagar
- Chetna Ghai in Gian Sagar
- Amandeep Kaur in Gian Sagar
- Awarded International Travel grant by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi to attend WASET-13, an International Conference on Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at Zurich, Switzerland.
- State Representatives of Society of Pharmaceutical Education & Research.
- Awarded “SPER-WF Young Scientist Award” to Dr. Sushma Gupta and SPER-WF Innovative Researcher Award” to Ms. Tania Munjal in 3rd Annual Conference on “Recent Trends in Pharma Industry: Bridging the Gaps in Pharmaceutical Education” at LPU, Punjab on 08.03 2014.
- Best poster Award to Jashanjot Kaur in International Conference on “Drug Resistance, Development, Pharmaceutical Technology and Outcomes” DRDPTO-2014, on 12thApril 2014.
- Invited as technical expert for evaluating poster and oral presentations in various conferences.